Monday, June 22, 2009

Hall Ranch




BooYaw!!!! New Favorite trail, Hall Ranch!!! I drove up there last thursday with my wifey Lis, Cameron, and Brian. Cam had been there before, but it was a first for the rest of us. My buddy Paul Hart and his wife Valerie had been there from KC, and told us about how badass it was, but we had never had the chance to go...until now.

If you've never been there, here is a description. It starts in Lyons, CO just north of Boulder. You have a gradual climb from the parking lot that is really exposed. The trail gets rockier and rockier as you climb. I'm told that it is all ridable, and that after you have been there a time or two, you get to know the line. The first time up the hill, you are sort of SOL. Brian and I did end up riding most of it. I was on the Moots, and Brian was on a demo Enduro. The cool thing about this trail is that it would be fun on any bike. When you get to the top of the climp, then there is a fast loop with great view of Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and Long's Peak. Because of all the rail we have had this spring, there were quite a few wildflowers. It was beautiful. I love living in Colorado.


After to loop, you just get to go down the same awesome technical descent you climpd up earlier. It is almost harder descending then it was to climb...but not quite.


The ride was awesome...and it really got me stoked to start going to some bigger, longer rides all over Colorado. I just need Lis to get her boards out of the way, and we can start explorin this great state.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good its really nice post.

Alloy Refurbishment

Brad Fallon said...

If I will be there in Colorado, I will surely go with you on that said trail. Nice bike though, Moots...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/bradfallon</a>